Recovering iCal Calendar After Google Killed It
I recently had Google damage one of my iCal calendars when syncing with BusySync. Using my backup, I took these simple steps to resolve the issue.
- Navigate to the /Users/username/Library/Calendars folder
- Browse the randomly named folders (like A22BE731-7FE6-471E-A9EC-70962CCC4F6B.calendar) for the Info.plist file
- Open the Info.plist file using the Property List Editor from Apple’s Xcode Tools (you may need to download and install the tools)
- Look for name of calendar in plist file by looking for the value in the Key node underneath the root node
- Retrieve the killed calendar from your back up matching the RAN-DOM-STRING.calendar name and the human readable name in the Key node of the plist file
- Quit iCal
- Drag the current damaged calendar folder out of the Calendars folder to another place like the Desktop
- Drag the good folder recovered from the backup into the Calendars folder
- Remove the cache files named Calendar Cache (there may be multiple files) in the Calendars folder
- Reboot just to be on the safe side so that the cache is removed from RAM
- Launch iCal
- Wait very, very patiently as iCal rebuilds the cache for you
Viola! That should do it.